Applicable to all users of our website. Also applies to newsletter subscribers and to those using our interactive services.
1. Introduction & General Terms
To provide you with the full range of our services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- What information Fresher and Prosper may collect about you
- How Fresher and Prosper will use information we collect about you
- When Fresher and Prosper may use your details to contact you
- Whether Fresher and Prosper will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
2. Who Are We?
Fresher and Prosper is a web consultancy limited company, based in Nottingham.
When we refer to ‘’we’’ or ‘’our’’ or ‘’Fresher and Prosper’’ we are referring to Fresher and Prosper Ltd.
3. What Information Will Fresher & Prosper Collect about Me?
We may receive personal information about you when you access or sign up to any of Fresher and Prosper’s services, activities or online content. These include but are not restricted to: WebZen sign up, newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text messages, votes or events bookings and social media platforms.
The type of personal information we will receive depends on the activity you undertake. This can include: your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number and your date of birth.
By submitting your details, you enable Fresher and Prosper (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. Information about your business activities) in order to provide you with advice and services.
4. How Will Fresher & Prosper Use the Information It Collects about Me?
Fresher and Prosper will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
To provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries.
For service administration purposes, which means that Fresher and Prosper may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance).
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide. For additional information, please see User Generated Content Policy
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content
- To personalise the way our content is presented to you (e.g. to present you with content that you have created or is deemed to be of interest to you based on your browsing history)
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different areas
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our website
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Fresher and Prosper may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes
5. When Will Fresher & Prosper Contact Me?
Fresher and Prosper may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver relevant services to you
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Fresher and Prosper products or services
- In relation to any contribution you have submitted to Fresher and Prosper, e.g. on Fresher and Prosper message boards or via text or voicemail message
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Fresher and Prosper services (participation is always voluntary)
- For marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
6. Will I Be Contacted for Marketing Purposes?
No. However... When you sign up to WebZen on the Fresher and Prosper website, you subscribe to our newsletter by default (no more than 12 per year). You can customise content and even opt out in the newsletter preferences section of your control panel when logged in. Newsletters may contain advertisements in addition to factual content.
7. Will Fresher & Prosper Share My Personal Information with Anyone Else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Fresher and Prosper. However, sometimes Fresher and Prosper uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Fresher and Prosper requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Fresher and Prosper requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. Offensive or Inappropriate Content on Our Website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our website, Fresher and Prosper may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Fresher and Prosper reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Fresher and Prosper may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
9. What If I Am a User Aged Under 18?
If you are aged under 18 please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Fresher and Prosper. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. How Long Will Fresher & Prosper Keep My Personal Information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you cancel your registration as a WebZen member and your account is deleted, we put a red flag by your information and it will not be used for any further marketing purposes. However your information and material you contribute to the website may remain in our archive indefinitely. For example questions you have asked on our Ask an Expert section will remain for others to view.
11. Can I Find Out What Personal Information Fresher & Prosper Holds about Me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Fresher and Prosper holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Fresher and Prosper
The Corner House
12. Cookies Policy - Information Fresher & Prosper Collects from You
a. What Is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On our website, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our website to your interests.
c. Third Party Cookies in Embedded Content on Fresher & Prosper Pages
Please note that during your visits to our website you may notice some cookies that are not related to Fresher and Prosper or Fresher and Prosper’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Fresher and Prosper does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
d. Fresher & Prosper Cookies and How to Reject Cookies
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through the Fresher and Prosper website, this can be done via your browser settings (see: http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies ). It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website's features.
14. Do Not Track (DNT) Browser Setting
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests. However, you may opt-out of tracking on this website, including analytics and tailored advertising, by changing your cookie settings as explained here: http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies. A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT requests should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties. Fresher and Prosper will continue to review DNT and other new technologies and may adopt a DNT standard once available.
Fresher and Prosper
The Corner House